When I started my salon, I spent a lot of time researching salon software. For me I wanted a system that manage our appointments and allow our clients to schedule online. I didn’t really have much expectations past that, besides that it had to work on my Macbook. I quickly learned that there were two different types of salon software suites available: downloadable software hosted locally on my computer, and cloud based software.
Typically, you can purchase salon software that is stored on your computer for a one time payment of usually $200-$500 depending on the features. This is the route I was planning on going, until I ran into a roadblock. There were very few options that worked on the Mac operating system (and I wasn’t cool with switching to a PC).
Then I learned about the features of cloud based salon management software, and I haven’t looked back since. Here’s why:
- Online Scheduling: Web based software allows a host for clients to schedule online (this was one of my main criteria) straight from your salon website no matter what device they use.
- Use It Anywhere: All of our hair stylists can check their schedule in real time from their home computer (PC or Mac) or smart phone. We have actually checked in on our salon while in vacation in Cabo! This has actually allowed more freedom because we have the ability to answer salon calls, and create appointments even when we are traveling.
- Free Updates: The software is always being upgraded, and you don’t have to pay for the updates; they just happen automatically.
- Client Confirmation: Because clients have their own account within your software, it automates confirmations using email and text messages stored in the system. This way, they just click a link to confirm their appointment, which saves a lot of time in confirmation calls.
- Point of Sale: You can process credit cards using your internet connection within the software.
- Inventory: hook up a USB bar code scanner, and you can zap in and out your supply and retail inventory.
- Reports: Whether you want to know daily salon sales, client retention, retail sales, or purchase orders, there is a real time report for anything you would want to know about your salon stats.
In my search for the perfect management system for our salon, I found Rosy Salon Software, and it does more than I ever hoped for. In addition to the above features, Rosy also helps with retail sales, recommending products to clients when they schedule an appointment online. They also have a rewards feature that you can implement in your salon to incentivize more service and retail sales.
And on top of it all, Rosy is the most affordable cloud based software management suite I came across. Access to everything they offer start out at $29/mo and increase slightly depending on how many employees are in your system. With the online scheduling platform alone, we make that money back many times over because it allows us to get new appointments even after business hours.
If you are exploring the different solutions for salon management, you probably have a lot of questions. That is why Rosy offers a 30 day free trial by clicking here. I have also created the video below that demonstrates some of Rosy’s features and how to use the software. And if you still have questions or concerns, feel free to use the comments section below! And for more salon training, be sure to subscribe to my YouTube channel!